Sunday, February 26

Like, Whatever.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." - by someone I follow in Twitter
I just can't help thinking about something someone said to me when I mengumpat someone we both know when I thought of a close friend of mine suddenly while reminiscing something funny that my close friend would do.

So on that day, I mengumpat to that someone (B) about that someone we know (A), saying this that this that (well you should know how an umpatan goes, aduh banyaknye daging busuk yang saya makan huhuhuh) and then I said something about A was being too... annoyingly spoilt.

Then B suddenly said, "You cannot simply judge people. It's actually because of he upbringing that A becomes like that. You know, A was *like this like that* by her parents, that is why A is like that now. A cannot help it if it turns out like that."

B was defending A's behaviour badly, said that was not A's choice to be like that. B also made a reference to her own parents, who B claimed made her life super miserable now.

If it's not because B was so persistent that I couldn't even give my rebuttal, I've surely gave her a piece of my mind.

You see, I beg to differ slightly.

Yes, it is true that parents do influence their child's behaviour in a way or another. You can feel it in your own self. Whether they influenced you in a good way or in a bad way.

But that should not be the reason why your attitude sucks at this age. As you become older, you should become wiser, knowing what's wrong or right by yourself. You can change yourself to what you want to be. Your bad behaviours, being said which were influenced by your parents, should be able to be fixed by you yourself.

Do not, ever, fully blame your parents of how ugly your behaviour now. No matter how much you hate them.

If you think it's ugly, fix it. Change it and tailor it to what you want it to be. Put some botox or whatever enhanced surgery if you want.

The main thing is have some respect for your parents. They're the ones made you see the world. Even if they disown you, that does not erase the fact that you have their DNA in your stinking blood, you ungrateful bag of filthy flesh.

And it seems like you are a better expert in judging people (in this case, their parents). But then, whatever.

ThE DeaTh aNd ThE StRaWBeRRy

No comments: