Monday, March 11

City Hall (2009)



Omo omo omo I regret not watching this series earlier, because despite it's a genre that I don't really like, I totally love it!

Synopsis from DramaWiki:
City Hall is a drama that will deal with politics in a romantic comedy genre. It's about the happenings between a young woman mayor and an elite bureaucrat. Jo Gook is an exceedingly smart government official. He passed the Higher Civil Service quickly, and basically is the perfect guy. But being a deputy mayor is not enough for him. He lives with the dream of becoming South Korea's President. He should have easily gone straight to the top, but due to an unexpected incident, he gets dispatched as a deputy mayor for a provincial small town, Inju City, where Shin Mi Rae was working. Shin Mi Rae is a low-ranking secretary in Inju, but she works her way up in becoming the youngest City Mayor. As their paths met, they have to deal with each other's personal and social differences. But despite their constant bickerings, would they end up in each other's arms?

I am not gonna put my review for this drama as I'm not good in doing recap (drama lama summore), so go here to have a read: DramaBeans: City Hall. But my thoughts in point form (malas nak susun elok2):
. I totally love the lead couple in this, so cute and so loving. Kudos to Kim Sun-ah and Cha Seung-won to carry their characters magnificently.
. I also love the second leads' couple, especially towards the end. Not a single time I could see Jung-do trying to be more than just friends with Mi-rae. And although Joo-hwa is sometimes annoying, but due to her petite stature, her annoyance is quite cute (sorta).
. Yoon Se-ah is very beautiful. Maybe it's because the drama was three years before I actually know her (through WGM), she looks a bit different now - maybe probably she was a bit chubbier in the face back then? Because it took me so long to register Go Go-hae is actually her.
. Soo-in! That very cute guy from the Equator Man and City Hunter, he got me looked at his profile in DramaWiki this time (and so his name is Lee Joon-hyuk).
. There was not a single time I skipped scenes in the drama although the genre is not something I prefer to watch. Even the Elder's, although I don't really like him in this drama. And my perceptions of him here are influencing the one in Cheer Up, Mr. Kim. Ah why does he has to be a fearsome figure in both dramas? Huhuhu...
. The ending! Probably the best ending for a K-drama that I have ever watched! CAPSLOCK COULD NOT DESCRIBE THE SATISFACTION I HAVE RIGHT NOW! NOR EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!
. Although she is a very talented actress, Kim Sun-ah was not as annoying as in her other dramas I watched. Maybe because she has to become a respectable public figure? But that is one change that I really like.

Aduhai! My points are not giving justice to this drama... Go watch the drama if you haven't, or go read the review if you don't have time to watch. Trust me, you'll be hooked to this drama like I did :D

ThE DeaTh aNd ThE StRaWBeRRy

No comments: